Strange Days

Today I suddenly remembered a line from the Robbie Williams-song "Old Before I Die"*: "well it's a strange world we're living in today, c'est la vie, I say..."
Somehow it fits my current mood. It's difficult to express, but one part of it is that I wrote an exam today which actually doesn't count for my master's. But still I was so incredibly nervous. This morning I woke up and had the thought in mind that the world won't change due to my grade, be it good or bad. You might guess that unfortunately it didn't really help against my exam fright. It just made everything seem a bit more, hmm, bizarre? The bachelor students who really have to pass the subject, the teacher hoping to get another good grade on his list, I writing the exam in Dutch.
Another aspect of this strange feeling could be this nerdy bubble. I just so want to graduate, but right now everything feels so endless. During the last few days I was fighting with my computer again because it was behaving weird. Actually, I haven't really found a solution in spite of major time consuming interventions. But at least I know how to prevent the problems now. Yeah, call it a workaround.
Anyway, my computer going crazy also gave me some time to go for a walk and take some pictures of the neighborhood. "Industrieromantik". Also, due to my computer, I spent hours in the library having lunch and coffee and cake with friends. Very cool. The perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon after a nice night in Club 8 with the Club Rascal DJs' indie disco :-)
So much for now. I should have a high performance day tomorrow, so I better go to bed...
*) On Wikipedia I discovered that the single was released on the day before my 18th birthday. So, I might say that I have reached the goal of being old already ;-)

Schöne Bilder. "Industrieromantik", wie passend ;-)
Ich plage mich mit einer Grippe herum und muss trotzdem Mathe lernen...
Hoffe, dein "exam" ist trotzdem gut gelaufen.
LG aus dem Süden, Anika
Posted by
Anonym |
9:30 AM