What happened today in English
The latest news is that there are people interested in reading this blog who don't understand German. Whoohoo. So I'll try and write something in English once in a while :-)Today was a really slow day. I stayed at home because I didn't have any appointments and it was gray and rainy outside (surprise, surprise). It took me a while to get working, as I somehow had the great idea to check Twitter (find me here) and ... I don't even remember.
Finally I wrote a part of my Master thesis. Well, it was copying and pasting from some other documents I had produced before, but - tadaaa - I ended up adding four pages in two hours. Not too bad, I would say. They're really messy and some parts are only key words. But hey, my supervisor once said: Write now, be critical later. Maybe it really helps.
After a long lunch break I started working on my favorite project again. Actually I really mean it when I say "favorite". At the moment. The project is crazy and most of the time I am frustrated because I'm working alone and I don't see progress. Well, often I really hate it, because I have to learn so much that I feel like all the new knowledge is a big knot in my brain and it will never lead to anything except my head exploding. But somehow I also love seeing that I can apply so many things that I have learned before and even add on new stuff :-) Anyway, more about that another day if I ever have something interesting to show.
The peak of slowness of today was reached when I realized that some piece of s...oftware cannot handle file paths with blanks. So what do you do? I reorganized my data which resulted in my computer's performance going to zero, because it was running out of space and blocking files and trying to free space at the same time...
So I had dinner and waited for it to recover. It somehow worked. Now everything is running again. Just still really slow, because my computer is old. But hey, I thank God that it is still doing the stuff. And it even gives me time to write on my blog ;-)
The picture shows the output of a program I'm trying to get running. Don't be impressed, I'm just calling some code and trying to understand it. The original stuff can be found here.
Labels: Studium

ich versuch gar nich erst, diese dinge zu verstehen (inhaltlich, meine ich natürlich) - haha
weiterhin viel erfolg und viel spaß ;-) !
Posted by
crazy daisy |
9:45 PM
Mensch, du bist ja ne schnelle!
Dankeschön, ich mach jetzt Feierabend :-)
Liebe Grüße, M
Posted by
Miri |
10:50 PM