« Home | A Long Day » | Unerwartet... » | random Ohrwurm » | na so was » | Strange Days » | Input for a Student Model » | What happened today in English » | Wohnungssuche in Amsterdam » | Besuch aus DÖ » | Krezip » 

Freitag, November 14, 2008 

what's going on

Hey there, it seems I haven't been writing for a while...
Life has been busy, stuffed with everyday life and some other things.

The event most worth mentioning is the visit of an old friend who I was hanging out with a lot when I was with YWAM. We actually haven't really been in touch since my DTS, so it's been almost 7 (yes, seven) years. James and his wife Jessica are traveling through Europe at the moment and I was happy to have them as guests last weekend. Everything was very spontaneous and we had a very good time. Actually I was relieved that James and I still got along so well, and the same for Jessica who I had heard so much about and I only met now.

So, James and Jessica, in case you are reading this: Thanks a lot for the visit and please send me the pictures ;-)

For the rest, there's not so much to tell. Well, I finally dared to go to the dentist again after about 2.5 years. Luckily everything was fine. Hallelujah. (Probably it will be expensive enough to just pay for this check up. I still don't really get the insurance stuff here.) It was funny that the one taking care of me was a woman from Mexico. There's no way to avoid the Latins...

I was a bit frustrated because I did the dentist stuff in English again and not in Dutch. Oh well, what can you do. When I'm nervous I only stutter.... Last week I went for some biertjes with some computer scientists and was almost fluent. Tadaaa.

Have a nice weekend!

PS: The dentist practice is really funny. It is meant to be nice for kids, so everything is really colorful etc. And when you're lying on the chair you see a screen in the ceiling and can watch a movie. That works fine without sound because the movies here are subtitled anyway. I hope they change the program for the kids, though. During the few minutes I was there I saw fights and some people finding a dead body...

Labels:

mit bier wirds flüssig... - na dann prost :-) !

Hi Miri,

das mit dem Zahnarzt kommt mir irgendwie so bekannt vor. Wenn ich mich hier mit Englisch und Dänisch verständlich gemacht hat, bekomme ich eine Menge Geräte in den Mund, die Zahnärztin fängt an zu bohren und dann sagt sie was auf Dänisch ... und ich versteh nichts. Hat sie jetzt gesagt: Oh nein, das sieht aber gar nicht gut aus? Oder: Jetzt tut es vielleicht gleich etwas weh? Oder: Ich bin gleich fertig? ... Na ja, aber du hast es ja jetzt überstanden ... ich muss bald wieder hin.

Viele Grüße,
Katja

Hey Katja, schon komisch mit den Arzt-Gängen im Ausland, gell? Viel Erfolg beim nächsten Zahnarzt-Besuch!

Prost :-)

...dafür ist es schätzungsweise auf Dänisch nicht so schlimm, wenn wann mit Instrumenten im Mund antwortet - klingt wahrscheinlich sowieso wie astreines Dänisch :-)

Arzt im Ausland ist immer komisch.

Ja ... mit Sachen im Mund klingt Dänisch bestimmt authentischer ... ;-)

Kommentar veröffentlichen