hot chocolate
After the cancellation of a meeting tomorrow morning, I decided to treat myself to a hot chocolate. It is really hot, so I have a few minutes for an update...
The thesis is 99% finished. Still waiting for input about the language from somebody. Then I can send it off to the second reader and wait for the grade.
Anyway, life's still incredibly busy. I keep going with the other project. It's still challenging, but I hope to finish it soon. (In case you are wondering: No, after that I can't graduate yet. Will have to get another 6 credits *sigh*.)
Future plans are still blurry, because a) finishing the Master's takes me much longer than planned and b) I'm again having a hard time to make a decision what I want to go for. The major question is still whether I should go for academics or not.
Well, and I was going to write an extra post about it, but cause of a lack of time, here it comes: I'm playing in a band again :-) We're called "Vélo Volé" (stolen bike) and it is so much fun! Will keep you posted about it. Our Myspace-page gives an idea what the songs are like. We are kind of different now, because we have a violin player and the bass which are not in the recordings yet.
On Friday I saw Emiliana Torrini play. It's the third time she played here since I came to A'dam, and I'm glad I finally made it. It is just really cool how she is telling stories about the songs, which makes them more spicy than when you listen to her sweet voice on CD. The Paradiso was again a beautiful concert location, and Emiliana somehow managed to make the crowd shut up while she was talking.
Hot chocolate's empty, time to finish, so here some Emiliana stuff. Couldn't decide what's better.
Emiliana Torrini (live) - Lifesaver and Jungle Drum
Check her story about Jungle Drum at 4:05 so typical :-)
Emiliana Torrini - Sunny Road
Really cute video...
The thesis is 99% finished. Still waiting for input about the language from somebody. Then I can send it off to the second reader and wait for the grade.
Anyway, life's still incredibly busy. I keep going with the other project. It's still challenging, but I hope to finish it soon. (In case you are wondering: No, after that I can't graduate yet. Will have to get another 6 credits *sigh*.)
Future plans are still blurry, because a) finishing the Master's takes me much longer than planned and b) I'm again having a hard time to make a decision what I want to go for. The major question is still whether I should go for academics or not.
Well, and I was going to write an extra post about it, but cause of a lack of time, here it comes: I'm playing in a band again :-) We're called "Vélo Volé" (stolen bike) and it is so much fun! Will keep you posted about it. Our Myspace-page gives an idea what the songs are like. We are kind of different now, because we have a violin player and the bass which are not in the recordings yet.
On Friday I saw Emiliana Torrini play. It's the third time she played here since I came to A'dam, and I'm glad I finally made it. It is just really cool how she is telling stories about the songs, which makes them more spicy than when you listen to her sweet voice on CD. The Paradiso was again a beautiful concert location, and Emiliana somehow managed to make the crowd shut up while she was talking.
Hot chocolate's empty, time to finish, so here some Emiliana stuff. Couldn't decide what's better.
Emiliana Torrini (live) - Lifesaver and Jungle Drum
Check her story about Jungle Drum at 4:05 so typical :-)
Emiliana Torrini - Sunny Road
Really cute video...
Labels: Leben, Soundtrack, Studium
