anti-heroes
Ok, today is blogging day. This post actually dates back to November 1st. My friend Marco indirectly reminded me of it by announcing on Facebook today: "The Facebook cheat: "Press up up down down left right left right b a enter, and then click... " Why that reminds me of this post, you will find out once you listen to the song below.
Alright. On the day I came up with the idea of writing this, I was sick, had a cold, and all kinds of aches. Basically I felt like I couldn't do anything. Even listening was rather difficult. Still I was longing for some background music that might help in believing that everything was not so bad or at least would be alright some time soon.
So I chose for the soundtrack of the movie "Juno". I must have been looking for some naiveness or whatever... Somehow I remembered it as being easy.
It turned out to be more complex than that. Right, starting to listen to it, it mainly sounds sweet. But there seems to be more to the woman who is singing a lot of the songs, with the voice of a teenager. Well, but probably you already know Kimya Dawson and the Moldy Peaches, the band in which she used to play together with Adam Green, the singer/songwriter hero of the alternative music scene*.
Anyway, check it out yourself... For the more bitter version of Kimya, see "You're so nice, you're so smart". Below you get the nice side... Because I am still fascinated by these weird characters who are incredibly famous...
*) To take part in the hype: Adam Green will play in the small hall of the Paradiso on February 10 and 11, 2010. Ticket sales start on November 21. I bet it's gonna be sold out.
Alright. On the day I came up with the idea of writing this, I was sick, had a cold, and all kinds of aches. Basically I felt like I couldn't do anything. Even listening was rather difficult. Still I was longing for some background music that might help in believing that everything was not so bad or at least would be alright some time soon.
So I chose for the soundtrack of the movie "Juno". I must have been looking for some naiveness or whatever... Somehow I remembered it as being easy.
It turned out to be more complex than that. Right, starting to listen to it, it mainly sounds sweet. But there seems to be more to the woman who is singing a lot of the songs, with the voice of a teenager. Well, but probably you already know Kimya Dawson and the Moldy Peaches, the band in which she used to play together with Adam Green, the singer/songwriter hero of the alternative music scene*.
Anyway, check it out yourself... For the more bitter version of Kimya, see "You're so nice, you're so smart". Below you get the nice side... Because I am still fascinated by these weird characters who are incredibly famous...
*) To take part in the hype: Adam Green will play in the small hall of the Paradiso on February 10 and 11, 2010. Ticket sales start on November 21. I bet it's gonna be sold out.
Labels: Soundtrack

Hehe, love how my simple geek comment triggered such a complex thought with subsequent blog post for you, Miri.
I also love this song (still gives me goosebumps) AND that line about cheats.
PS: The exit interview led me to more my kind of music these days Kimya Dawson's Alphabutt (and track 7 is quite close to "Anyone Else but You")
Posted by
Marco |
1:20 AM
Haha, so how is "Seven Hungry Tigers" close to "Anyone Else but You"? It's really funny, though :-D
Posted by
Miri |
10:11 PM