just a note
Ohooooh, no post for more than a month... No, this blog is not dead (yet) ;-)
So, a quick update for those who don't know.
In the meantime I bought a bike (picture and story to be posted some time soon, I hope) and got addicted to biking from A'dam North to the Science Park. Somehow it's a waste of time to live so far away and it's been really annoying in winter with a sucky bike, but with the nice weather at the moment it's sooo nice!
I've also been enjoying my job at the Human-Computer Studies Group (yes, still proud of my colleagues, sorry it's in Dutch). The DynaLearn project which I'm working for also has a website now. Just in case you're really intested ;-)
Oh, and have I mentioned that the AMSTEL Institute (where I'm studying) moved to the Faculty's new building? It's kind of exciting, but most of the time I'm just busy with freezing (airconditioning is out of control there, so are the sun shields and a lot of other stuff), and getting coffee from the Senseo machine (too much trouble for so many people). So usually it's nice for doing stuff for the master in the morning and then I'm glad to move to the other office where it's warm, they have a proper coffee machine and the offices actually have doors...
In my spare time nice things are happening as well. Like the boyfriend of a friend buying a boat and giving us a ride on the canals. And yesterday I went for a nice bike ride with colleagues/friends. It's amazing how small distances are in Holland :-) It was great to be out in the sun and in the countryside, and to even see horses, hehe.
The band is slowly getting back together again, after we had been out of our one-show-a-month routine for a while (if I may say so after playing together for only a few months?). The next concert is on Wednesday, with special guests filling in for our drummer (not to be missed: (French drummer and Spanish Kazoo-ist :-)). Looking forward.
Good night, M
So, a quick update for those who don't know.
In the meantime I bought a bike (picture and story to be posted some time soon, I hope) and got addicted to biking from A'dam North to the Science Park. Somehow it's a waste of time to live so far away and it's been really annoying in winter with a sucky bike, but with the nice weather at the moment it's sooo nice!
I've also been enjoying my job at the Human-Computer Studies Group (yes, still proud of my colleagues, sorry it's in Dutch). The DynaLearn project which I'm working for also has a website now. Just in case you're really intested ;-)
Oh, and have I mentioned that the AMSTEL Institute (where I'm studying) moved to the Faculty's new building? It's kind of exciting, but most of the time I'm just busy with freezing (airconditioning is out of control there, so are the sun shields and a lot of other stuff), and getting coffee from the Senseo machine (too much trouble for so many people). So usually it's nice for doing stuff for the master in the morning and then I'm glad to move to the other office where it's warm, they have a proper coffee machine and the offices actually have doors...
In my spare time nice things are happening as well. Like the boyfriend of a friend buying a boat and giving us a ride on the canals. And yesterday I went for a nice bike ride with colleagues/friends. It's amazing how small distances are in Holland :-) It was great to be out in the sun and in the countryside, and to even see horses, hehe.
The band is slowly getting back together again, after we had been out of our one-show-a-month routine for a while (if I may say so after playing together for only a few months?). The next concert is on Wednesday, with special guests filling in for our drummer (not to be missed: (French drummer and Spanish Kazoo-ist :-)). Looking forward.
Good night, M
Labels: Leben
