Taking the Long Way
The laundry container is out of power and that gives me the unique chance and motivation to finally write something again... Christmas, New Year's Eve, just taking some days off and hanging out with family and friends were great! Thanks for that y'all!!!
Today I want to tell you about the Dixie Chicks virus that spread in my family. I think it started with sister 1 when she was in the USA a few years ago, then it was sister 2 looking for a wedding outfit, then my dad watching the dvd "Shut Up and Sing" and now it's me. I bet my mom only doesn't talk about it.
My sis presented the album "Taking the Long Way" to me in this time of being at home, going to the Christmas service, seeing people who are still living in my home village, thinking about past, present and future and being asked about it again and again...
The opener of the cd begins:
Could have been the soundtrack of my Christmas holidays :-)
So that album is pretty cool, I must admit. Funny enough that the Dixie Chicks worked with Semisonic's songwriter Dan Wilson (remember my last post?). Plus Rick Rubin, John Mayer and Chad Smith (RHCP's drummer). Whoohoooo.
The documentary is definitely recommendable: Check the trailer or the whole documentary. No need to be a country fan to like it.
Finally here comes the video. Enjoy!
The Dixie Chicks - Taking The Long Way Around
Today I want to tell you about the Dixie Chicks virus that spread in my family. I think it started with sister 1 when she was in the USA a few years ago, then it was sister 2 looking for a wedding outfit, then my dad watching the dvd "Shut Up and Sing" and now it's me. I bet my mom only doesn't talk about it.
My sis presented the album "Taking the Long Way" to me in this time of being at home, going to the Christmas service, seeing people who are still living in my home village, thinking about past, present and future and being asked about it again and again...
The opener of the cd begins:
My friends from high school
Married their high school boyfriends
Moved into houses in the same ZIP codes
Where their parents live
But I, I could never follow
No I, I could never follow
Could have been the soundtrack of my Christmas holidays :-)
So that album is pretty cool, I must admit. Funny enough that the Dixie Chicks worked with Semisonic's songwriter Dan Wilson (remember my last post?). Plus Rick Rubin, John Mayer and Chad Smith (RHCP's drummer). Whoohoooo.
The documentary is definitely recommendable: Check the trailer or the whole documentary. No need to be a country fan to like it.
Finally here comes the video. Enjoy!
The Dixie Chicks - Taking The Long Way Around
Labels: Film, Leben, Soundtrack

Sister 2 not only looking for a wedding outfit, but also having a tiny little crush on Natalie... ;-) (Pippi-Langstrumpf-Lächeln)
Neee, ist bei mir auch wegen der Doku passiert. Die fand ich einfach krass. Und "Goodbye Earl" ist nicht gerade ein musikalischer Überflieger, aber bringt mich einfach zum Lachen.
Posted by
anjathered |
11:34 AM